Arizona Families for Home Education (AFHE) is the statewide organization that has been serving the needs and protecting the rights of Arizona’s homeschooling families since 1983. AFHE is a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational corporation run by a Christian board of directors. AFHE membership is available to all homeschooling parents in Arizona.
AFHE exists to inspire parents to home educate their children; promote parent-led, family-funded, relationship-based home education; and preserve the freedom to homeschool.
- Sponsor the Annual Arizona Home Education Convention and Curriculum Fair
- Publish the Arizona Home Education Journal
- Host a support group leadership conference
- Provide senior high and junior high graduate recognition ceremonies
- Award scholarships for post-secondary education
- Encourage participation in local homeschool support groups
- Sponsor regional workshops
- Maintain an up-to-date website resource
- Communicate with the homeschool community through monthly e-newsletter, legislative updates, and social media.
- Educate the public on the laws and merits of parent-directed home education
- Monitor and guide state and national legislation affecting homeschooling
- Defend the right to homeschool
- Maintain the least restrictive laws and policies for home education
- We operate from a Christian perspective and make decisions from the ethical and moral standards established in the Bible.
- We believe that parents are responsible for the education of their children.
- We believe that parents have the God-given right to educate their children at home.
- We believe that all education has an implicit worldview.
- We believe that government funding of education will inevitably lead to oversight and control.
- We believe families should remain informed about homeschool laws at both the state and federal levels.
AFHE Is Not
- A substitute for a homeschool support group
- A correspondence school or curriculum provider
- A substitute for membership with HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association)