Be sure to read through the CONVENTION FAQ page to get answers to the most commonly asked questions about our conference.
Daily schedule Friday and Saturday:
9:00 - 10:30 am
10 am - 7 pm
|Exhibit Hall Friday
10 am - 6 pm
|Exhibit Hall Saturday
11 am - Noon
Noon - 1:30 pm
1:30 - 2:30 pm
3:00 - 4:00 pm
4:30 - 5:30 pm
6:10 pm Saturday
|Ultimate Prize Drawing
CONVENTION - GENERAL QUESTIONS
CONVENTION - EXHIBITORS
CONVENTION - YOUNG ENTREPENEURS
CONVENTION - VOLUNTEERS
CONVENTION PROGRAM ADVERTISING
Speaking at the AFHE Convention is by invitation only. Speakers at the AFHE Convention are carefully selected who fit AFHE's philosophy, vision, and mission, and do not conflict with the AFHE Board of Directors' biblical worldview.
As part of the speaker selection process, we will review speaker packets that are sent to us. Speaker packets are reviewed in August for the following year's convention and selections are finalized in the fall.
Speaker packets should include biographical information, workshop titles and descriptions, and a recording or two of the speaker teaching for our review. If we are interested in having you speak, we would contact you in October or November.
Attn: Speaker Coordinator
P.O. Box 2035
Chandler, AZ 85244-2035
32nd Annual Arizona
... the largest gathering of homeschoolers in Arizona!
Friday, July 10 and Saturday, July 11, 2015
Phoenix Convention Center, South Building
33 S. 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
See map at the bottom of this page.
Enjoy and share this short AFHE Convention promo video, highlighting this very special gathering of homeschooling families in Arizona! [Produced by Yox Film Co.]
Registration Deadline: June 26
AFHE members have the opportunity to pre-register for the convention at a discounted admission rate. Current AFHE membership is required to participate in the early registration discount. Registration is now open.
Thursday, July 9, 2:30-5:30 PM
Considering Homeschooling Mini-Conference
FREE MINI-CONFERENCE DETAILS
Join us on Facebook
We have an AFHE Convention Facebook group where we are sharing information, quotes from speakers, speaker highlights, exhibitor highlights, and much more! Speakers and exhibitors will be interacting with us on our AFHE Convention Facebook page as we get closer to the convention as well.
Convention Add-On Events
AFHE is offering two extra special add-on events in 2015. Details about these ticketed events can be found on the CONVENTION EXTRAS page. Register early. Space is limited for each.
THURSDAY, JULY 9 - DISSECTION LAB WORKSHOP FOR TEENS
"The Marvelous Expedition: A Journey through God's Wondrous Machine"
$30 per student ages 12-18 | 2:30 - 5:00 PM | Limit: 150 students
Do you have teens who love science? Don't miss this extra special hands-on, interactive, fascinating, and fun workshop taught by Dr. Lainna Callentine.
DISSECTION LAB DETAILS
FRIDAY, JULY 10 - LADIES' NIGHT OUT WITH HEIDI ST. JOHN
"Fill My Cup"
$25 per person | 8:00-9:15 PM | Hyatt Regency | Limit: 120 women ages 18 and older
Ladies, you won't want to miss this special evening with Heidi St. John. Coffee and dessert, fellowship, prize drawing, and a 45-minute talk "Cultivating REAL Relationships" by Heidi.
LADIES' NIGHT OUT DETAILS
Discount rates are available at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix, just a short two-block walk from the Convention Center South Building. To receive the group rate, make your reservation online or mention Arizona Families for Home Education when making your reservation by phone. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is available for an additional charge. Reservations must be made no later than Wednesday, June 24. Rooms are limited. Parking is not included and costs $19 per 24-hour period for overnight self-parking with in-out privileges. Valet parking is $28. Check-in time is 3:00 PM. Check-out time is 12:00 PM.
NEW IN 2015
The Hyatt is offering a 25% discount on self-parking at the Regency Garage for AFHE Convention attendees registered at the Hyatt with our group rate booking. In addition, the Hyatt is providing one complimentary wireless Internet connection per paid guestroom. And one added bonus, the room rate is the same for up to 4 people staying in the room. (No additional charge of $25 per person for the third and fourth guests in a room this year.)
2015 GROUP RATE
$96 plus taxes and any hotel service fees (the current tax rate is approx. 12.27%)
HYATT REGENCY PHOENIX
122 N. 2nd Street, Phoenix
Main website: www.phoenix.hyatt.com
ONLINE RESERVATION LINK
Your name badge is your admission to all areas of the convention and must be worn at all times while at the AFHE Convention. Name badges may not be shared or transferred to someone else. First and last names are required on all name badges.
NEW IN 2015: NAME BADGES WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT
For those who participate in early registration by June 26, your name badges will be available for pick-up on-site at the Pre-Registration Table in the South Lobby of the Phoenix Convention Center.
Those who register at the door will be issued a name badge at registration.
Food / Dining Options
Food is available for purchase from on-site concessions during convention hours for your convenience. In addition, numerous fast food locations and restaurants are within walking distance. A map can be picked up at the Phoenix Convention Center information desk just inside the South Building main lobby entrance.
PCC’S FOOD POLICY: The Phoenix Convention Center does allow convention attendees to bring in outside food provided they are individual meals. So, if you purchase food at a nearby fast food restaurant or you bring in your own sack lunch, you must have one sack/package/beverage per person. PCC will not allow families to bring in lunch orders for multiple people in one sack/package. Please, no family picnic baskets, ice chests, large pizzas, etc.
Parking is plentiful near the Phoenix Convention Center. Parking downtown costs approximately $10-$15 per day.
OVERSIZED VEHICLE PARKING
Oversized vehicles can be parked in several places:
1) City Garage on 5th street and Washington is very large and almost always has oversize spaces available.
2) Collier Center on Washington and 3rd street. They have just over 8’ clearance.
3) Jefferson Street garage if you enter on 4th street just north of Jefferson Street.
4.) You can park at any open lot like the one on 2nd street and Washington, directly across from Chase Field.
DISCOUNT PARKING AT JEFFERSON STREET GARAGE
The Jefferson Street Garage has generously offered discount parking for AFHE Convention attendees again in 2015 for just $5. (No in and out privileges.) Please print this parking flier and present it to the cashier at the Jefferson Street Garage.
DISCOUNT PARKING FLIER (pdf)
Downtown Phoenix Website
Visit www.downtownphoenix.com for an interactive map with parking, restaurants, and road construction updates.
- INSPIRATION, ENCOURAGEMENT, IDEAS, AND MORE!
- WORKSHOPS ... A variety of excellent SPEAKERS & WORKSHOPS for veteran homeschoolers and parents new to homeschooling alike.
- EXHIBIT HALL ... Come browse and shop the vast array of curricula and resource vendors in 80,000 square feet of exhibit hall space. See details on the EXHIBITORS page.
- EXHIBITOR WORKSHOPS ... Workshops taught by exhibitors sharing information about their products or services. See EXHIBITORS page for workshop schedule and descriptions. (Exhibitor workshop info available in June.)
- MENTORING MOMS BOOTH ... Experienced homeschooling moms available to answer question throughout the weekend. Located inside the exhibit hall entrance on the left.
- COMMUNITY ... See old friends and make new ones. With over 5,000 people in attendance, you will definitely get a sense that you are not alone in this journey of home education!
- GOODY BAG ... Each family will receive a goody bag filled with brochures, catalogs, and pamphlets from a wide variety of companies and services. (One per family while supplies last.)
- HANDOUTS AVAILABLE ONLINE ... Download handouts for the workshops you plan to attend from the AFHE website after July 1 on the SPEAKERS page.
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS ... Homeschooled students and graduates ages 12-23 share their talents and creations in the exhibit hall. See YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS page for details.
- FREE PRE-CONVENTION "CONSIDERING HOMESCHOOLING" MINI-CONFERENCE ... Those new to homeschooling are invited to this free mini-conference Thursday afternoon. See details on MINI-CONFERENCE page. Free of charge and no advance registration required.
- TEEN PROGRAM ... Youth age 12-18 are invited to participate in a special two-day teen program. Limit: 500 registered teens. TEEN PROGRAM
- FIRST-TIME ATTENDEE DISCOUNT ADMISSION - LIMIT 500 ... As a means to reach those who have never before registered for the AFHE convention, we are once again offering a first-time attendee discount admission for the first 500 who request a coupon code. See details on FIRST-TIME ATTENDEES page.
- SILENT AUCTION ... Participate in the silent auction and support two great organizations that serve Arizona homeschoolers all year long! SILENT AUCTION
Please join us in thanking our 2015 Convention Sponsors! Be sure to visit their booths and learn more about these generous folks that are supporting the work of AFHE and serving convention attendees well.
If you are interested in being an AFHE Convention Sponsor, please see the 2015 Sponsorship Packet (pdf)