The 2018 AFHE Midyear Refresher is a webinar that was hosted live on January 16, 2018 to give parents a midyear boost of encouragement. We had a delightful time with special guest speakers Hal and Melanie Young and Heather Haupt who shared inspiring messages to encourage parents to persevere in the home education journey.
Registered attendees for the Midyear Refresher have received access to the recording of the webinar. Simply log into your user profile to watch the video.
Didn’t get a chance to join us?
It’s not too late to enjoy these great speakers and words of encouragement!
Purchase access to the recording through the AFHE Store. AFHE Members login to get the member discount registration rate of just $5. Note: Recording purchase does not include access to the free gifts that webinar attendees received.
Check out these video snippets from the webinar
The four videos below were shared during the 2018 Midyear Refresher online event. We appreciate the words of encouragement and helpful tips from these fellow homeschool parents!
Heather Haupt is the mother of three knights-in-training and a spunky little princess. She wants to be intentional during these years of parenting and raise children who will make a difference in this world. Recognizing the brevity of childhood and the power of a parent’s influence, Heather both inspires and equips families toward intentional parenting, pursuing God, and delighting in the adventure of learning. She is the author of the books Knights-in-Training: Ten Principles for Raising Honorable, Courageous and Compassionate Boys and The Ultimate Guide to Brain Breaks. HEATHERHAUPT.COM
It’s that time of year when we can start back strong into our homeschooling adventure only to find ourselves petering out and limping to the end of a school year. Sometimes we are plagued by doubt, but often we are just plain tuckered out. How can we finish well? Why does it matter? WHAT truly matters? Perfection is not possible, but faithfulness and tenacity are a must. Heather will share encouragement that will renew your vision, refresh your spirit, and re-energize you in your mission. You are leaving a legacy through your day-to-day perseverance and you can finish well!
HAL & MELANIE YOUNG
Hal & Melanie Young are the award-winning authors of Raising Real Men and My Beloved and My Friend: How to Be Married to Your Best Friend Without Changing Spouses. They are publishers, writers, bloggers, and popular conference speakers internationally, known for their Christ-centered focus and practical, real-life stories. They are the parents of six real boys (four grown!) and two real girls and live in noisy, messy happiness in North Carolina. RAISINGREALMEN.COM
NEVER GIVE UP
It’s easy to get burned out, tired, and overwhelmed, but the reasons we are homeschooling become even more important as our children grow up. How can we press on through the challenges of hormones, struggles with learning, and fear of the future and uncertainty we’re on the right track? This funny, hopeful, and encouraging session looks at the importance of finishing what you’ve started and making it all the way to graduation.
We are grateful to those who have donated gifts and prizes for registered attendees at this special online event.
GIFTS/FREEBIES FOR ALL REGISTERED ATTENDEES
- CROSS SEVEN – Free 4-week subscription to the cycle of your choice – Classically Based Memory Work
- HEATHER HAUPT – Your Guide to Homeschool Goal Setting (free download)
- INSTITUTE FOR EXCELLENCE IN WRITING (IEW) – Web page with downloadable gifts for all participants
- PROVERBIAL HOMEMAKER – 52 Weeks of Praying for Your Family (free download)
- RAISING REAL MEN/HAL & MELANIE YOUNG – One free audiobook download of the reader’s choice
- THEHOMESCHOLAR – Finding a College You Love (eBook)
- TRIUMPHANT LEARNING – Encouraging Maturity Through Responsibilities and Privileges List (free download)
- WRITESHOP – Journal All Year! Writing Prompt Calendar Bundle (digital download)
PRIZES FOR THE PRIZE DRAWINGS
- CROSS SEVEN – 12-month subscription – Classically Based Memory Work ($47.64 value)
- CHRISTIAN YOUTH THEATER (CYT) – Family 4-pack of tickets to James and the Giant Peach Saturday, February 3, 2:00 pm, Mesa Arts Center ($80 value)
- HEATHER HAUPT – Book: Knights in Training: Ten Principles for Raising Honorable, Courageous, and Compassionate Boys ($16.00 value)
- HOME SCHOOL IN THE WOODS – Digital Download – Project Passport: The Middle Ages World History Study ($33.95 value)
- INSTITUTE FOR EXCELLENCE IN WRITING (IEW) – Gift certificate to use at iew.com ($50 value) – Two winners will be selected
- LEGOLAND DISCOVERY CENTER – Two single-use admission passes for LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona ($44 value)
- PHOENIX CHILDREN’S CHORUS – Set of 4 tickets to Spring Concert, May 12, 7:00pm, at the Mesa Arts Center ($60 value) – Two winners will be selected each for a set of 4 tickets
- PROVERBIAL HOMEMAKER – The Prayerful Homeschooler EBOOK ($7.99 value) – Five winners will be selected
- RICK GREEN – DVD: Chasing American Legends, Book: Legends of Liberty, and Booklet: Is America One Nation Under God? ($55 value)
- SEALIFE ARIZONA AQUARIUM – Two single-use admission passes for SEALIFE Arizona ($39 value)
- SPED HOMESCHOOL – Free special education consultation that will result in a custom education plan specific to your child’s needs and education pursuits ($500 value)
- TRIUMPHANT LEARNING – Digital Geography Bundle ($20 value) – Two winners will be selected
- AFHE – 2018 AFHE Convention Admission Package ($129 value)
- AFHE – Spa set with chocolate ($40 value) – Two winners will be selected
- AFHE – Shadowbox calendar and office supplies gift bundle ($30 value)
- AFHE – Ultimate Guide to Brain Breaks by Heather Haupt ($14.95 value)
- AFHE – Cookbook: Family Favorites from the Homeschool Kitchen – Home School Foundation ($29.95 value)